How To Make Cajun Cornbread from Scratch
Bring a piece of Bud's home with our Cajun Cornbread recipe. Learn how to make it from scratch! Sweet and savory, with a hint of heat, this side dish is sure to impress at your table.
What You Will Need:
1c corn meal
1Tbsp baking powder
1tsp kosher salt
6oz heavy cream
10 oz canned creamed corn
1c canola oil
1c Steen’s syrup (can be substituted with molasses or honey)
1/2c diced pickled jalapeno
You can't have cornbread without chicken. Order Bud's marinated chicken now from Pearl Farmer's Market!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add flour, corn meal, baking powder, salt and stir well.
3. Add the diced pickled jalapeno and mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, add the milk, heavy cream, creamed corn and stir to combine.
5. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just incorporated.
6. Crack eggs into separate bowl and beat with a whisk, then add to batter.
7. Add the canola oil and Steen’s syrup and mix well.
8. Use the butter to thoroughly coat a large baking dish.
9. Tap pan on the table a few times to remove air bubbles.
10. Cook for 1 hour, rotating after 30 min.
11. Remove from oven, cut into pieces and enjoy.
Make it a meal! Mac and Cheese pairs as a great side for this dish, order now through Pearl Farmer's Market.